When I first signed up for an Instagram account, I had no idea how much of an effect it would have on my business! For some of you, 500 followers doesn’t seem like a lot, but to me it’s a big deal. Often times I doubt myself and the work I create. But my dedicated followers constantly remind me that I’m doing something right! I’ve gained new friends and clients through this avenue of social media, and now it’s time to give back.
To celebrate and say thank you, I’m holding a contest. One of you will win a complimentary couple’s session, which will be drawn on September 1st – exactly 2 weeks from today.
Here’s how to enter:
1. Head over to my Instagram page by clicking here.
2. Make sure you’re an Instagram follower.
3. Take a selfie of you and your significant other, and post it. (If you don’t have a “selfie” any photo of the pair of you will be sufficient).
4. In the comments under your photo, mention the contest and include my handle @nathanw_photo, as well as the hashtag #nathanwalkergiveaway
Please note: The contest is open to everyone, married or unmarried. The session cannot be substituted for any other type of portrait session (ie. family, glam, wedding etc), and has no cash value. The shoot can either take place in Edmonton, AB, or I can come to you in your home city. Travel costs and accommodations must be covered by the winning couple.
UPDATE: Just a few friendly reminders to all those entering my giveaway contest.
1. You MUST be a follower. A “like” won’t show up in the feed.
2. Both my handle (@nathanw_photo) and the hashtag (#nathanwalkergiveaway) MUST be in the photo you post, otherwise it won’t show up in the feed, and your entry will not count.
3. Please only post ONE photo. This goes for hashtagging and/or mentioning old photos in your feed. Multiple entries will be disqualified. If you have entered more than once, please delete the comments/photos/hashtags etc. from the multiple entries, in order to re-qualify.
4. In order for your entry to count and show up in my feed, I need to follow you as well. I’ve sent requests to all new followers, so be sure to accept me ;)
So thanks again for all your follows, likes, and double-taps. It means the world to me, and I am so grateful. I can’t wait to choose a winner!
I was able to sneak away for a quick weekend to the Rocky Mountains. Whenever I visit, I can’t help but stare in amazement. The enormous, majestic mountains that seem to stretch on for days. The lakes and pools are so clear and blue they don’t even seem real. There are rivers and waterfalls around every corner, and each one is prettier than the next. It’s truly an amazing place, and I’m so fortunate to have such a place just a short drive away. Well done Alberta.
So I might have been a
little lot over anxious to edit Jesse & Heidi’s wedding photos. I only shot the session Wednesday eve, and already I have a blog post for you! It’s a record for me, I’m not gonna lie. See here’s the thing… most weddings I shoot are mid-day. Harsh sunlight, squinty eyes, you know what I mean. So when we talked about shooting in the evening, I was happy to say the least. Especially with all the sunlight Edmonton has been getting lately (not including today). Evening shoots are always amazing. Soft yellow light, long shadows. Mix it with a wedding dress and tux – even better!
Jesse & Heidi were actually married earlier this summer, but wanted to save their intimate couples session until now. So after 3 attempts to re-schedule, we finally got the chance! What a way to spend the evening! Enjoy.
Having two kids of my own, I know the excitement of pregnancy news! When Journey asked me to shoot her maternity photos, I was so happy. How lucky am I to be able to capture this special event for an awesome couple?? I can’t wait to meet their little one this October.
On a side note.. you’ll notice the Hotel Macdonald in a few of the frames near the end. I found out later that this is where Kris proposed to Journey. It’s a little something special they can share with baby down the road :)
I was thrilled when Jillian phoned me up one day. She was newly engaged and wanted me to be their photographer. Of course I said yes. So a couple weeks ago I went down to Saskatoon to shoot their engagement session. What a gorgeous evening. We shot for a couple hours on her property… beautiful trees, pasture, old buildings… it was the best.
We finished just before the rain came, walking back to the house with Orry plucking away on his guitar. We sat around the kitchen table as the rain poured, sharing stories and talking about wedding plans. It’s a night I wont forget for a long time.
Can’t wait to get back in August and do it all over again.
Edmonton Wedding & Portrait Photographer. All images processed using VSCO film.